15 Romantic Valentine's Breakfast In Bed Recipes For Your PartnerLove and Relationships Radhika Sharma
Romance and food are deeply connected whatever the situation may have been. Whether it’s a wedding, birthday party, or valentine's day. Good food, especially breakfast, is something we all love and expect it to be extravagant, with the presentation playing the main role. It is like not expressing but serving the love to the sweetheart of your life. And nothing could be more delightful than breakfast in bed, prepared especially by your loving partner. Bringing them their favorite food on a nicely decorated tray and surprising them with their most loved drink will make them love and appreciate you even more. Even the smallest of the efforts count.
A dish, decorated and served well could bring a million-dollar smile to your partner's face. And if your partner is a food lover, there’s nothing else that will make him happier. From heart waffles to apple pie to flower power sunny side eggs, everything looks so impressive and very easy to prepare that you may want to cancel your other plans and just stay at home with your partner and celebrate in the best possible way. That's why we brought you the most sorted and hustle-free dishes that would make 2022 valentines day, as the most romantic one.
15 Breakfasts in Bed Dishes for Valentines Day
It is universally said, the way to enter someone's heart is through their stomach. To feed someone what they love the most is like giving them the platter of happiness and acceptance. The easiest and perfect way to impress and express love on Valentine's Day is to treat them to their favorite cuisine/dish and just add +1 to your romantic life. Without waiting for a second, we want to share all our researched dishes with their recipes with you and make you far happier.
1. Spinach Frittata
A frittata is an egg-based Italian dish that is very easy and quick to make. Hence, the spinach frittata is an addition to the frittata flavor. Any sort of vegetable, herbs, and cheese you can add to bring a different taste to the dish. The fresh ingredients make this dish more healthy and yummy and make a good breakfast meal.
Ingredients required to prepare Spinach Frittata
- 9 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup (about 1 ounce, 30g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes, optional
- 8 ounces (225g) or more fresh chopped spinach (can use baby spinach)
- 2 ounces (56g) goat cheese
How to cook Spinach Frittata?
- Take a mixing bowl, add milk, eggs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk together all the ingredients and set them aside.
- Take a pan, pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté onion, garlic, and dried tomatoes (if using).
- Add chopped spinach into the pan and keep on adding when the fresh spinach begins to wilt.
- Once the spinach wilts properly spread the egg mixture evenly, and with the help of a spatula let the mixture flow underneath as well.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese over the frittata mixture and let the covered mixture cook on low flame for 10 to 13 minutes.
- Once it's cooked, preheat the broiler and broil for 3 to 4 mins until it turns golden brown.
- Take out from the oven using oven mitts, wait for a few seconds to let it cool, cut into wedges and serve.
P.S: Always cook the frittata on low flame and then end up under the broiler.
2. Crème Brulee French Toast
The origin of this toast is claimed by three countries: France, England, and Spain. In France the dish is called" pain perdu", in the UK it is called " eggy bread or gypsy toast" and in Spain the Spanish toast. It is a caramelized and fluffy thick slice of brioche bread with creme brulee.
Ingredients required to prepare Crème Brulee French Toast
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1/4 tablespoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon Pinch kosher salt
- 1 stick melted butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 loaf challah bread, sliced 1” thick
- Confectioners’ sugar, for serving (optional)
How to cook Crème Brulee French Toast?
- The first step is to Preheat the oven to 375°F
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Pour mixture into a large tall baking dish and spread into an even layer using a spatula. Arrange bread on top in a single layer.
- Take a big bowl, add and whisk together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Pour mixture over bread.
- If you have time, you can cover and let them soak in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to overnight. Otherwise, bake for about 25 minutes, or until the butter-sugar mixture is bubbling in the bottom of the pan.
- Serve immediately, and season with powdered sugar on top if you want.
3. Heart Waffles
The heart shape in anything excites love and heart waffles could be your next romantic breakfast this valentine. Though waffles can be used as a snack or dessert, we can serve them for breakfast as well. Waffles are the origin of Belgium and are cooked in waffle iron from leavened batter or dough which is cooked between two plates that are patterned to give them a certain shape and size.
Ingredients required to prepare Heart Waffles
- A waffle maker
- Any of your favorite waffle mix or ingredients
- Heart cookie cutters
- Seasonal Fruits
How to cook Heart Waffles?
- Take a bowl and add the waffle mix or ingredients(whatever you have)into it.
- Make a nice and consistent waffle batter.
- Make waffles in the waffles maker.
- Also, you can buy ready-made waffles to save time.
- Slice a bunch of fruit in thin slices. (It would be impressive if you have different colors of fruits)
- Use various sizes of heart cookie cutters to cut out the waffles and fruit.
- Stack them up, hold them together with a skewer, and serve in a beautiful tray!
4. Apple Pie
To the apple of your eye, serve the apple pie, a very popular dish from England. The Apple lovers would love this dish and thank you from the core. It can be served with whipped cream, ice cream, or cheddar cheese as well.
Ingredients required to prepare Apple Pie
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 to 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dough for double-crust pie
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg white
- Optional: Turbinado or coarse sugar, ground cinnamon, vanilla bean ice cream, and caramel sauce
How to cook Apple Pie?
- Set the oven to 375° for preheating.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of the dough to a 1/8-inch-thick circle and transfer to a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a small bowl, add sugars, flour, and spices.
- In another bowl, toss apples with lemon juice and then add sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- Add the filling to the pie plate and dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place overfilling. Trim, seal and flute the edges then Cut the slits from the top.
- Beat egg white until foamy; brush over crust. If desired, sprinkle with turbinado sugar and ground cinnamon. Cover the edge loosely with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20-25 minutes longer.
- At last, let it cool for some time and serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or cheddar cheese.
5. Nutella Swirl Danish
This swirling and twisted Nutella pastry is the perfect delight for valentines celebration. The danish dish is fluffy, buttery, and soft to chew and your partner will love it.
Ingredients required to prepare Nutella Swirl Danish
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup Nutella, room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
How to cook Nutella Swirl Danish?
- The foremost step is Preheat the oven to 375°
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Evenly spread the Nutella on each puff pastry sheet and Sprinkle coarsely chopped hazelnuts over one sheet.
- Fold the puff pastry sheet without hazelnuts over the other sheet. The Nutella sides should now face each other.
- Cut the layered sheet lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Gently twist each strip several times and roll the twisted pastry into a coil.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and tuck the end of the twist under the coil.
- Brush each twist with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake the twists for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden, and serve with love.
6. Flower Power Sunnyside Eggs
This is the simplest egg dish that takes less than 5 minutes to cook and prep. The valentines will be colorful and bright if you choose this as the breakfast meal.
Ingredients required to prepare Flower Power Sunnyside Eggs
- 1 large bell pepper (or 4 in different colors)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
How to cook Flower Power Sunnyside Eggs?
- Slice bell pepper (or 4 in different colors) horizontally to make four 1/2-inch-thick rings and remove inner white flesh and seeds.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat vegetable oil on medium flame.
- Cook peppers for 2 minutes and turn peppers over
- Crack 1 egg into the center of each ring. Cook, covered until eggs have reached the desired doneness.
- Season with 1/4 teaspoon of each salt and pepper.
- Serve and garnish with chopped parsley.
7. Chard Gruyere Eggs in the Hole
Sometimes the eggs are not mere eggs, they are yummy eggs in the hole with gruyere cheese. This healthy dish is all you can choose this Valentine for your sweetheart.
Ingredients required to prepare Chard Gruyere Eggs
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 bunch (about 6 oz.) rainbow chard, trimmed, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- Shredded Gruyère cheese
How to cook Chard Gruyere Eggs?
- Preheat the oven to 425°F temperature.
- Spray a nonstick cooking spray on a large baking sheet.
- With a 2 1/2-inch-wide round cookie cutter, cut holes from centers of bread slices. Arrange bread and cutouts on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until slightly dry, turning bread over halfway through.
- In a 12-inch skillet, melt butter on medium. Add chard and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until stalks are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Divide chard among bread slices, spreading around holes. Add egg to each hole; top each with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle Gruyère over chard and cutouts.
- Bake eggs for 8 to 12 minutes or until whites are set but yolks are runny.
- Dish up the tray and serve.
8. Banana Bread Flapjacks
You can enjoy these banana bread flapjacks as Valentine's breakfast meal which is similar to pancakes.
Ingredients required to prepare Banana Bread Flapjacks
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons of packed brown sugar
- One and a half tablespoons of baking powder
- One and a half tablespoons of Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- One and a half cups of Buttermilk
- 1 cup of a mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium), plus slices for serving
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted, plus more for griddle
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
How to Cook Banana Bread Flapjacks?
- Take a large bowl and stir together flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Take another bowl and whisk together buttermilk, banana, eggs, and butter.
- Add flour mixture to the buttermilk mixture and stir until just combined.
- Heat griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium flame and put some melted butter.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake on the griddle.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry
- Turn and again cook for 2 to 3 minutes until plump and cooked through.
- Place pancakes in a single layer on a baking sheet, and keep warm in a 175°F oven for up to 30 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with maple syrup, toasted pecans, and sliced bananas.
9. Tropical Smoothie Bowl
Along with smoothies, fruits and veggies, mix some love and romance to make it more sweet than usual. It’s the forever treat for valentines day.
Ingredients required to prepare Tropical Smoothie Bowl
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup of frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup of frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Nuts, cherries, and sliced fresh fruits for toppings
How to prepare a Tropical Smoothie Bowl?
- In a blender, pulse banana, mango, and pineapple with almond milk until smooth but thick.
- Add more liquid if needed. Keep in mind the consistency should be thick as ice cream.
- Pour the smoothie into two bowls or any dish you want to choose.
- Top it with any nuts or berries or fruits slices if you want.
- Once done with garnishing serve with love.
10. Croissant French Toast
A croissant is a french crescent-shaped roll made of sweet flaky yeast dough and good with many ingredients like chocolate, almond, fresh fruits, Nutella, pastry cream, etc. They are soft, buttery from the inside with a glossy crust.
Ingredients required to prepare Croissant French Toast
- 8 croissants (a rounder shape is best)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 large eggs
- Butter, for frying and serving
- Blackberry syrup
- Warm maple syrup, for serving
- Strawberries, for serving
- Whipped cream, for serving
How to cook Croissant French Toast?
- In a saucepan, add the blackberries, sugar, and 1/2 cup water to make blackberry syrup.
- Cook for 5 minutes on low and give a gentle boil.
- Stir in the cornstarch, then continue cooking, using a whisk or spoon to mash the larger pieces of blackberries. Remove from the heat when it's nice and thick.
- For the croissant French toast: Split the croissants in half through the middle.
- Take a big bowl, add and whisk together the half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and eggs. Dunk each croissant half into the mixture so that it's fully coated. Set the pieces aside on a plate.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over low flame, then melt a small amount of butter in it. Add as many croissant halves as will fit, cut-side down, then increase the heat very slightly (don't go above medium-low).
- Cook on the moderate flame for 3 to 4 minutes and make sure they don't burn and meanwhile keep moving them around.
- When they're deeply golden brown on the bottom, flip them to the other side and let them cook for another 2 minutes or so. Remove from the pan and cook the rest of the croissant halves.
- Serve a top and bottom piece together with butter, warm blackberry syrup and maple syrup, strawberries, and whipped cream.
11. Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins
The impressive doughnut muffins are small baked cakes that are best as a valentine's breakfast meal and make your doughnut fall in love with you more.
Ingredients required to prepare Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 10 teaspoons seedless strawberry or other jam
- Ingredients for Toppings:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to cook Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins?
- Preheat the oven to 350° temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, add sugar, oil, egg, and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Greased or paper-lined muffin cups and place 1 teaspoon jam on top.
- Cover jam with enough batter to fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place melted butter in a small bowl; mix sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Immediately after removing muffins from the oven, dip tops in butter, then in cinnamon sugar. Serve warm and enjoy the lovely fragrance together.
12. Chocolate Scones
A scone is a traditional Irish baked food made with wheat flour and butter that is a sweeter version of an American biscuit. It is denser than a muffin and softer and cakier than shortbread. A chocolate scone is all this with cocoa powder and chocolate chips added in!
Ingredients required to prepare Chocolate Scones
- One and a half cup all-purpose flour
- Half cup granulated sugar
- One and a half teaspoons of baking powder
- ⅓ teaspoon of salt
- Half teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- One large egg
- Half cup milk
- ⅓ cup butter (melted and cooled)
Toppings for Chocolate Scones
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- Two teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter(melted)
How to make Chocolate Scones?
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Put the butter into the dry mix, stir properly and then add the cream, milk, and chocolate chips to the flour mixture.
- Quickly combine ingredients until a loose dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for some time until the dough holds together. Pat into a one-inch thick circle.
- Using a pastry scraper, cut dough into 8 even triangles and place on a baking sheet.
- Let scones sit in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tops are firm and scones sound hollow when tapped.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- While the scones are cooling, make the glaze: mix powdered sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla until smooth
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled scones and let set before serving
13. Strawberry Tart
The strawberry tart is cockney slang for the heart. You can try this delicious tart recipe to make breakfast more happening.
Ingredients required to prepare Strawberry Tart
- 125g unsalted butter, softened slightly
- 85g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 200g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 100g strawberry jam
- 500g strawberries, (small hulled, large sliced)
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- For the crème pâtissière
- 300ml milk oppo
- 3 egg yolks
- 60g caster sugar
- 3½ tbsp cornflour
- 50g butter, cubed and softened
How to cook Strawberry Tart?
- The first step is to beat the butter and sugar together and make it smooth, but not fluffy.
- Add egg to the mixture and beat until combined, then add the flour and form a dough. Wrap and let it cool for 30 mins in your refrigerator.
- Dust a surface with flour and roll out the pastry to a 26cm circle or 3cm bigger than your tin. Line a 23cm fluted tart tin with the pastry and set it aside.
- Prick the base with a fork to stop any air bubbles from forming and again Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C. Line the pastry case with a scrunched-up sheet of baking parchment and baking beans, bake for 15 minutes remove the parchment and beans and again bake for 15-20 mins more until crisp and golden. Leave in the tin to cool.
- Heat the milk, cream, and vanilla in a pan over medium flame to make the creme patisserie, stirring occasionally on simmer.
- Meanwhile, take a bowl and whisk the yolks and sugar for 3 mins until pale, then stir in the cornflour till it is combined. Pour a quarter of the hot cream over the egg mix, whisking continuously, then pour the warm egg mixture into the pan with the rest of the cream.
- Stir over the low-medium flame for 5-8 mins until the crème pâtissière thickens.
- Transfer it to a big bowl and cool for 15 minutes and gradually whisk in the butter until smooth, cover the bowl, and put in the fridge until needed.
- Beat the strawberry jam to loosen it, then spread over the bottom of the pastry case and then put the crème pâtissière into a piping bag and pipe in a spiral on top of the jam.
- Spread the strawberries on top in a heart shape or any pattern you love. Make the apricot jam in a small pan with 1 tbsp water until warm, whisk to loosen the jam, then leave to cool slightly. Brush over the top of the strawberries.
14. English Breakfast Burrito
The fancy and yummy dish is a big yes to surprise the partner this Valentine. Though it will take your time and effort but will surely bring joy if your partner is a big foodie.
Ingredients required to prepare English Breakfast Burrito
- 2 vegetarian sausages
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 4 small mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 2 tbsp British-style baked beans ((e.g. Heinz or Branston), heated)
- 2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
How to cook an English Breakfast Burrito?
- As per the instructions on the packet, cook the vegetarian sausages (Around 20 minutes in the oven).
- Take a frying pan, pour a dash of oil and crack in the egg when the oil is heated up. Cook to your liking and also let the yolk run. Cook properly to avoid gooey on the top.
- Place the cooked egg on the plate, and saute the sliced mushrooms and garlic in the pan until soft and fragrant for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lay a large flour tortilla on a plate, and add the fried egg, garlic mushrooms, cooked sausages, and a spoonful of warm baked beans and top with a little grated cheese.
- Fold in the two ends of the tortilla, whichever way you like(round or flatten)
- Place the burrito in a dry frying pan, and cook for a few minutes over medium heat, until the underside is golden brown and crispy and repeat the same for another side.
15. Among Acai Bowls
A bowl of happiness, joy, and love that we want to suggest to make your breakfast memorable.
Ingredients required to prepare Among Acai Bowls
- Add to a high powered blender:
- 1 packet (100 grams) frozen acai berry packet
- 1/2 cup (118g) apple juice with no added sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen banana slices about 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Top your bowl: These topping suggestions are for one acai bowl.
- 1 tablespoon of honey( for the top or to add in the mixture beforehand)
- Handful vanilla almond granola(handmade or ready-made)
- Fresh fruit: such as fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and banana: fruit sliced thinly or chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut
How to cook Among Acai Bowls?
- Take a bowl and add acai berry( packet), apple juice, banana, strawberries, and blueberries to a high-powered blender. Blend all the ingredients until smooth and pour into a large bowl.
- Top the bowl with your favorites such as granola, fresh fruits( sliced), chia seeds, and coconut! The choice and amount of toppings you want to put in are all yours.
- We suggest garnishing with one tablespoon of honey over everything and serving it while it's hot.
These all are the healthy and most authentic breakfasts you could enjoy with your partner. Make the best dish this valentine for your partner and share your experience with us in the comments section.
Edited & Photo Sourced By: Neha Garg Ahuja