Book Top South Asian Wedding Photographers in San Francisco at Pyaari Weddings
A wedding is one of the turning events in an individual’s life and there is not a single person who would not want to capture these precious moments forever. Here, one needs the art of photography to capture those happy moments when two people finally take their first step into their new world together. The elder's blessing, siblings and friends showering the couple with all the love and happiness, everything about a wedding is worth capturing and a good wedding photographer understands this and takes it seriously. Wedding photography is one of the most common jobs nowadays and one cannot organize a wedding without the photographers being there.
Find Best Photographers in San Francisco
Are you searching for the best wedding photographer in San Francisco that can turn your beautiful wedding into a memory worth treasuring? San Francisco has some amazing locations perfect for your wedding shoots like the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman’s Wharf, Alcatraz Island, and many more. The city offers many such photogenic destinations and there are plenty of stunning yet overlooked venues in the Bay Area. We have a list of wonderful wedding photographers who have an eye for details and understand the nuances of South Asian Wedding events.
Types of Wedding Photographers
Photography has various branches like commercial photography, product photography, fashion photography, and flat lay photography. Similarly, wedding photography has quite a few kinds that a photographer is accustomed to. The new-era couple likes to follow new styles and loves to have a mixture of styles in a photography shoot for their wedding. The first thing before hiring your wedding photographer, gain knowledge about the styles of wedding photography you will like for your wedding album.
1. Traditional Photography: One of the most common and go-to styles of photography is the traditional way. It is the style of photography that any photographer will know and understand how to capture the shot. The couple shoot, bridal portraits, and guests lined up and posing with the couple after the wedding - all these shots are captured traditionally.
2. Photojournalistic Photography: If you want the photographer to capture the pure authentic emotion on everyone’s faces rather than the posed ones, then the photojournalistic style of photography is the best idea. It is also referred to as the documentary style of wedding photography.
3. Editorial Photography: Editorial photography is a kind of shoot that looks like a fashion shoot done for magazines. It allows the photographer to go full creative with the backdrop and props. You can select a theme also to go for this style and it is a kind of style that you have to arrange your photo shoot before or after your wedding events.
4. Vintage Photography: There is an old-school vibe to vintage-inspired photos. It feels nostalgic and you can feel the emotions too. This kind of style can be attained in a few different ways like using a film camera, or adding special filters to the camera, or the photographer can edit it via design software made for image editing like Photoshop, Lightroom, or any other.
5. Drone Photography: Drone photography needs a drone and if you are interested in this style then ask your photographer whether he has the types of equipment with him/her or not. An image taken from an elevated point looks amazing and your photographer can capture moments like the bridal entry or the whole setup of the main day ceremony.
When planning a wedding, one of the most difficult decisions is to choose a good South Asian wedding photographer. You can get a good photographer in San Francisco, but that is not the point, the point is to get a photographer who understands the kind of wedding you are having, what style you prefer, and whether will he be able to deliver the result you are expecting. Especially, when you know this is the only medium via which you can preserve those happy memories, and a wedding album not worth your expectation is definitely a turn-off.
What to Remember While Hiring a Wedding Photographer?
1. Research: Start your research a little early for your photographer. Finding a good photographer for your wedding is similar to finding your bridal outfit for the ceremony, you have to stand out. Learn the kind of wedding photography that exists and then look for pictures. You will find anything and everything related to South Asian wedding photography on the internet, and the best place to look for the styles and everything is Pinterest, Instagram, and wedding sites like Pyaari Weddings. Apart from being the largest South Asian Wedding vendor directory, we also aim to help couples by giving them inspiration and ideas.
2. Rates: When you finally decide on a photographer, do not get your hopes high by looking at their rate card. They are not going to write everything down on their profile and given that a South Asian wedding with several events and we know how every family has their traditions, he/she might charge you for that also. It can happen that in the process of planning, you might forget to tell them about a small ritual that you want the photographer to capture, but because you did not discuss this with him/her might stir a problem. So, when you are hiring them, be clear about the days and the hours they are going to shoot and exactly what they are going to charge, and do ask them about sudden shoots too. Trust us, it happens!
3. Their equipment: This part is a bit technical and you might think that you do not need to understand it, but you do. It helps to understand the photographer’s knowledge and passion for this job. And if you have read about the basics then while discussing the shoot with them you will understand whether to hire them or not.
4. Venue: Asking the photographer, whether they know your wedding location or not is a good idea. If they know the location, they might help you with the areas where you can capture the bridal portraits or the couple shoot. You do not have to take them for a round to show them the location as they are aware of the areas. But, if they have never been there, then take out a day and go with them for a recee. This trip will also help you and your partner bond a bit with the photographer.
What to Discuss with your Wedding Photographer?
1. Approach: The way they approach your wedding and the details matters. A good and passionate wedding photographer understands the importance of a wedding in one’s life. They get the emotions and so they know to be present and be ready with their camera. In a wedding, some moments are not planned, you have to see how the photographer reacts to these moments. And you will understand this by going through their galleries.
2. Style: This is a no-brainer point, right? But sometimes, while discussing and because there are already lots to be done, one can forget. Always hire a photographer who has experience in wedding photography of your preferred style. Yes, knowing other styles is a bonus but your choice of style is a preference.
3. Post-shoot process: Now that you are done with the wedding, the real work begins. Sit with the photographer and select pictures for your wedding album. With all the new design software, a photo can be edited in various ways. The photographer will know how to edit and get things done, but let him/her know your choice as it is your wedding memories to cherish, and it should make you happy when you look at them.
Why Hire Top Wedding Photographers in San Francisco?
As we have mentioned above how important it is to hire a photographer for a wedding, but more than that hiring a good one is more important. You will find every kind of wedding photographer in San Francisco, but you have to find the one who gets your point and understands the emotions of the particular wedding when accepting it. And more than that you want a photographer who delivers you high-quality images with good editing and filters.
Mistakes to Avoid While Hiring a Wedding Photographer in San Francisco
There are a few mistakes that couples can avoid while hiring a wedding photographer. With a wedding vendor directory of over 4000+ vendors, our aim as a South Asian Wedding platform is to help new-era couples to plan a wedding without any hassles. We will help and guide couples with the mistakes that they can avoid while hiring.
1. Quality Vver Quantity: Regardless of your budget, always choose quality over quantity when it comes to your wedding images. Ask the photographer to focus on capturing the best moments of the wedding with your partner, family members, and friends.
2. Separate Photographers: Hiring two photographers from both sides, in our opinion, is a waste of time and money. It might somewhere create unnecessary chaos and can affect the beauty of your wedding. Instead, hire one team of photographers who can divide the tasks and work accordingly.
3. Sign a Contract: Choose anybody as your wedding photographer, a professional, a friend, or a relative who knows how to capture weddings, but make sure to sign a contract. It is mandatory to sign a contract or agreement form with the photographer to make it legal. The agreement should mention even the smallest of the details like duration or number of hours, the number of images - both raw or edited, the delivery time, liability, ownership of the images, payment terms, usage rights, etcetera. Trust us, this will come in very handy!
Wedding Photographers in San Francisco with Prices
After discussing the San Franciso Photographers in so much detail, let us tell you the price range of a good wedding photographer. This city’s wedding photography prices are 30% above the average rates in the US national. On average, a 2-hour shoot starts at $1555 approximately and a 4-hour shoot will cost you $2722. The price for other things like the number of events, days, styles, and editing style might differ from photographer to photographer.
Frequently Asked Questions about Wedding Photographers in San Francisco
While planning to hire a photographer or deciding on the rates, a couple could will have multiple querstion. It could be anything, related to the photographers work, ethics, professionalism, etcetera. Just knowing the price range is not enough. As a wedding platform, we understand that any question, big or small, is important to be addressed.
Can I get a discount when I book my wedding photographer through a Pyaari weddings?
We do not provide any kind of discounts from our side. To get the best results, we recommend contacting the vendor via our chat or message vendor box directly. Our platform has more than 500+ South Asian Wedding Photographers from where you can make a choice according to your style and preferences.
Are Wedding Photographers Listed on Pyaari Weddings?
Pyaari Weddings have a list of more than 500+ photographers in the directory. Once you select a vendor from the given list, you can directly retain information about their work, reviews, pricing, ratings, etcetera from them via our chat button or message the vendor button.
What Other Wedding Services Can I Get From Pyaari Weddings?
Pyaari Weddings is a South Asian Wedding Planning platform helping couples plan their wedding in a more elegant, easy, and effortless way. Apart from getting a wedding photographer in San Francisco, you can also find other wedding vendors like Decorators, Caterers, Venues, Videographers, DJs, Henna, Makeup, and Officiants. We curated a list of vendors, vetted their info, and estimated their prices.
All you have to do is - enter your city & requirements, look through vendors and save them to your ‘cart’ (with the heart button), and check out a customized wedding plan with an approximate budget.